How To Land That First Entry Level Job
Tips for getting entry level roles in the IT field
- You need to prove yourself versus other applicants for entry level jobs. How? Internships! They will give you experience unavailable elsewhere.
- Attend Job Fairs - Advertise yourself at job fairs and recruiting events! Let them know you're available and can add value quickly.
- Emphasize your skills and drive on a resume. It needs to be perfect and thorough. There are articles on this website to help!
- You're Unique and your resume should be the same. Customize it for each position your applying for and describe how you can add value.
- Post your resume to job sites and job boards. Again - they must be well written.
- Make sure your social media is up to date and accurate. Remember - When evaluating whether or not to hire you, they CAN (and most WILL) review your social media posts so only post what you would have your potential employer see!
- Network, network, network. It's all about who you know. The more contacts you have the more success you will have. Your Linkedin profile is critical for this!!
Other Posts from New England Staffing